Monday, January 5, 2015

Waiting On My World To Change

If you are the wife of a oilfield/gas employee, then you know that you are never going to really be settled.  Unless you decided to stay at a home base and your husband does the traveling, then you know the excruciating days/weeks we go through when we get word that there might be a transfer.  I have decided to follow my husband wherever his job takes us.  It has come at a great cost for me because I have a 9 year old son that we fought for and continue to fight for in Pennsylvania courts for relocation.  He is still in Pennsylvania and the situation has become far worse than we ever imagined.  I will not go into details but if anyone needs any advice on this or is going through the same situation, feel free to email me.  We really thought he would move with us since I am his mother, but since he hasn't, it has made us take a good hard look at our decisions.

While we can't control where we live, my husband has put it out there to move back to Pennsylvania, heck even Ohio if possible!  I have really struggled with this, because of how much I love the south.  I absolutely LOVE life down here.  But I am missing so much of home.  It's a daily struggle.  But it's in the Lord's hands.  We are so grateful for the work my husband does have now, because we know how quickly that can change in this industry.  But we are praying and hoping that this is the path God will lead us down.  He hasn't lead us astray yet and we know whatever he has planned for us will work out just the way it should.  Just like it all worked out for us moving down here!

But in the meantime, it has been very hard toggling between thoughts of what to continue doing here and should I be preparing for a move?  When my husband got the word to move on to Shreveport, we had 2 weeks.  TWO WEEKS!! I've never felt so excited, overwhelmed and scared all at the same time.  But we did it!  We lived in a Homewood Suites for a week and I found our rental home within 5 days of being there.  It was very hard considering I had never been to Shreveport and didn't know the area at all.  Thankfully, I have become kind of obsessed with city-data.com when it comes to researching a new city and all the comments on there were so helpful and it helped me find a safe, up and coming town north of the city called Benton.  It's growing daily!  Since we moved here, they've built a new elementary school, many new homes and businesses.  I absolutely love it because while we live in a beautiful newer neighborhood, I look out behind the houses across the street and we see cows grazing on the farm daily!  My dad got a big kick out of that!

My husband took this photo over the summer, you can see the view of the farm at the end of the street

So as we wait, I will be trying to get LandmanWives.com up and running about my experiences and tips I've found here in Louisiana.  I'll also be posting about moving and how I'm dealing with the wait.  Anybody else going through this as well?  How do you get through it!  I figured if I put it out there, maybe somebody else is going through the same things?!

In love and chaos,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment