Monday, October 20, 2014

Tot Learning

My 2 year old, Averie, loves to learn.  It is so precious and I love watching her grow and develop.  She is so curious and ambitious!  I try to keep her thirst for knowledge quenched by watching shows, coloring pages, flash cards, games, apps, etc. that are all about learning for her age.  Being a stay at home mom can be really hard some days, especially when you're trying to think of something new to do! I regularly search online for teaching activities for Averie.  She loves the flash cards I print out for her! I actually picked up like 5 or 6 boxes of flash cards in the dollar aisle of Target over the summer and put them all in a box that we pull out and she can almost name all of them now!! One mom also thought of the idea of hole punching the one corner and getting one of those metal loop clasps (I don't know how else to describe it right now!) and that way you can take it on the go!  Brilliant!

Gift of Curiosity Halloween Printable Pack


Today, I found this website, Gift of Curiosity and fell in love with these printable packs!  These would be great to print out before a road trip or a visit to an appointment to keep the tykes busy!  I also downloaded these flash cards from Mr. Printables because we are working on telling Mommy and Daddy what emotion we are feeling when we are having a meltdown!!! (I'm currently trying to target the exact moment of clarity in Aves to have her use her words instead of her strength against whatever poor item is near her).  She loved these robots and when we were describing the "In Love" card, I said "Mommy is 'In Love' with Daddy" and she walked in between us and was trying to repeat it!  So precious to see their minds working so hard!


Mr. Printables Emotion Robot Cards

What are the sites you use?  Any other tips you have?  Let me know!  I really need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment