When we drove into our neighborhood for the first time, I just was in awe of how beautiful every house was. And the landscaping in the south is just a dream for me! I am just in love with the front porches, hanging plants, palm trees, magnolias, hydrangeas, and on and on!! I was so happy that the house we chose had everything I wanted, especially a big beautiful yard and a front porch!
I am spending lots of time researching southern landscaping and since I'm an amateur gardener and pretty much know nothing, I'm looking for trees, plants and shrubs that will be easy to maintain. I am going to keep the rose bushes and add some of my favorites. These are what I am considering now:
The Windmill Palm
Frost Proof Gardenia
Endless Summer Hydrangea
Debutante Camellia
And Mosquito Grass
My husband has apparently encountered 2 rattlesnakes in the past few days and one happened to be near our house! Oh my goodness has this sent me into a researching frenzy about these horrible creatures and found some remedies that I am going to try to keep them AWAY from my yard. So I will be trying moth balls and powdered sulfur. I will be spreading that around the perimeter of my property like they spread salt around the little girl in Hocus Pocus. Or garlic to keep away vampires. You get the idea. If anyone else has any tips to keep away uninvited pests, PLEASE let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment